Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Why are request drafts deleting themselves all of the sudden?

Level 3

We have a request queue set up for all new jobs. Our Product Managers typically create their requests ahead of time since they are very detailed and save them as drafts. Recently, one of the Product Managers went to open one of her drafts and she got a notification saying that the request queue has changed and then the draft deleted itself. This equates to hours of work on her end that is going to have to be re-done.

Why would this happen? We have not changed anything on our end, so it must have something to do with the code or programming.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Mary,

I'm not 100% sure this applies to your situation, but there is a known issue for request drafts not loading when clicked. If this sounds like the same thing you'll want to submit a support ticket so they can notify you of any work arounds or the status.

Kyna

Level 3

Thank you! I will definitely get a ticket submitted.

Employee

Hi Mary,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The message appears when something has been changed on the request queue path. For example the topic (the last of the dropdowns on the request selection process that dictates the form the users will see) or the topic group (dropdowns before the topic selection) has been removed or moved to another topic group.

Are you saying that no changes of those sort were done on the request queue structure but the draft wasn't retrieved anyway? Does the user have any other drafts for the same request path we can work with? You should also be able to compare the existing path structure with some of the ones submitted earlier to understand if there have been any modifications. You can see the path on the submitted ones from Submitted request lists -> column called Path.