Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where is the setting to control what appears at Project, Program, and Portfolio levels?

Level 3

There are a number of fields I'd like to hide for a new layout I'm building. But I don't see the setting, am I blind or is there simply no setting? These are the fields displayed towards the upper right when viewing a project/program/portfolio.

Example at the Program level, I'd like to remove the fields in the upper right.

0694X00000EOxZ3QAL.png

Sorry if this is a silly one, I'm just not seeing it under Setup > Interface > Layout Template > pick my layout to edit > ....???

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I suspect the fields you're looking to hide are a more permanent feature. In that case, you can probably get a little sneaky: hide the Portfolio and Program menu items and instead create and feature a dashboard to report on those things. That'll give you more control over the fields you want the users to see.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I suspect the fields you're looking to hide are a more permanent feature. In that case, you can probably get a little sneaky: hide the Portfolio and Program menu items and instead create and feature a dashboard to report on those things. That'll give you more control over the fields you want the users to see.

Level 3

That's probably what I'll do. Still feeling out what the stakeholders will want / how much of an issue it is.

Level 4

Hi @Lyndsy Denk‚ and @Ryan Brogneri‚ ,

I am struggling with the same issues as you, Ryan. We want to give users access to projects via the Portfolios, but we don't want them to see the financial information in the right top corner. I noticed that if I hide Portfolios from the layout template, users can still go to Portfolios by using the breadcrumbs navigation in the project in the left upper corner. However, I haven't found an option yet to fully hide the Portfolios for certain users or layout templates OR to hide the financial information at the Portfolio level.

If there is an option, I would like to hear about it ;-).

Level 3

For the breadcrumbs issue you mention, you may need to mark Portfolio as No Access per the user Access Level. Though that may not work for you if you still want them to access Projects through Portfolios.

A workaround may be to hide Portfolios and then set the default Grouping on the Projects interface to Group by Portfolio Name within the layout template for your users. If you don't have a ton of Portfolios, just cutting them from the layout and "faking" the Projects to universally work may do the trick.

But yes, there's no way to hide the displays towards the upper right in tasks/project/program/portfolios. They're baked in to the Access Level and not configurable - I confirmed the same with WF directly through a support ticket. Seems like a gap to me, but maybe it's a "feature"!

Level 4

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if the Workfront settings get that granular (please let me know if you're able to find it), but I was able to adjust the view via the sharing settings at each level.

For "workers" I only share project timelines with them as they only are executing tasks and I limit what they are able to do. For "Planners" they are able to see portfolio's, programs, and projects.

The project level has more granular settings.

0694X00000FQwZZQA1.png0694X00000FQwZPQA1.png0694X00000FQwZUQA1.png

Employee

Currently, the information in the page headers for programs, programs, and portfolios cannot be customized. As you've seen in layout template setups, only the left panel menu and the Details panel can be modified. Check the Innovation Lab to see if there's an existing idea you can up-vote or you might want to create a new suggestion.

0694X00000FROwqQAH.png