Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

When I assign a "Team" to a task, the project doesn't show up on "Projects I'm On" -- why? How do you manage this?

Level 10

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jill,

The Assign Team functionality is newer than the (original) Assign Person functionality, and (I suspect As Designed) behaves differently.

When a person is assigned to a Task (or named as the Project Owner, etc), Workfront also “puts” the user into the ProjectUser data table behind the scenes, thereby driving the “Projects I’m on” connection.

When a Team is assigned to a Task, however, it is more of an invitation for a member of the Team to “pull” that work (by accepting it via Work On It, aka Start Work), at which point Workfront then assigns their user, puts them in ProjectUser, and considers it a “Project I’m on”.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10
So therefore my conclusion is to replace the Team that is assigned with the actual people on the team. We don’t really do “work on it” in any consistent way.

Level 10

You could create a report/dashboard that reports back tasks assigned to a person based on direct assignments AND tasks assigned via a Team.

Our problem is we assign via some teams because anyone at any moment could work on it. So we assign to the Proofreadong team, but who grabs it now, or later, could be any member of the team. So it never becomes explicitly assigned to a person.

I've been through three iterations of such a report (task based) and have on my plate to try a Version 4 (assignment based). It's been an iterative process as I learn more.