Expand my Community achievements bar.

What's the best way to set up monthly sprits for Agile work?

Level 1

Upon digging around in Experience League, I learned about the boards section of Workfront, which would work nicely for the agile type work I’m trying to set up for my colleague. To give a bit of background, my colleague works in month long spirts to update one of our websites and she’s used to working on a Kanban board to manage and execute this work. Work request tickets are submitted to her by others in our organization, and they include the following: 1) subject, 2) description (including what is the issue, and the URL where the issue is occurring on our website), 3) priority, 4) due date. They then have conversations about the ticket as the work is being set up in staging, and when the requested approves how everything looks, the work is completed and the ticket is marked as done. I was able to connect the request queue type project with the board I created, and the test ticket is showing up which I submitted. However, I have a few questions:

1. I’m having trouble setting up the request form to pull information into the project/kanban board. Here is the request form

The first 5 fields came from here under the Queue Details section:

BlankaFu_0-1729749474215.png

However, because she needs an extra field that specifically calls out for the submitted to enter the URL that needs to be updated, I had to create a custom form for that. If there was a way to customize/edit the description field under the Queue Details section, I could have entered helper text like “What’s the issue?” and “Include link(s) where the issue is occurring,” and make the field required, but I don’t see that as an option. Ideally, I’d love to make all of those fields required.

As is, the tickets/items in the Kanban board  don’t include the URL field when expanded.

BlankaFu_1-1729749474222.png

1. Because my colleague works in monthly sprints, I was thinking about using tags to be able to group her tickets into monthly batches to consolidate her view. Would this be the way to do this? Ideally, the submitter would enter the tag name into the ticket at the time of submission, say “October 2024,” and then my colleague would be able to only look at tickets that are to be executed for the month of October 2024. Alternatively, she could assign them herself, but that would be an extra step for her. At the end of the month, I guess she could delete the tag and create a new one? Seems like it would be a tedious thing to have to do at the beginning of every month. Please let me know if you have a better suggestion.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm relatively new to Workfront, and no one in my organization has set something like this up yet in the system.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies