Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

what is difference between Basic Boards vs Kanban Boards vs Dynamic Boards?

Level 2

Can someone share some documentation to help me understand what is the major difference between Basic Board, Kanban Board and Dynamic Boards so then accordingly we can decide where to use it? From the looks of it the functionalities in all of them look similar

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you haven't already, I'd definintely check this out: Learn: Intro to Kanban Boards with Adobe Workfront (with the caveat that the recording is almost a year old).

I would agree that I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the three, (at least under the hood). I think it really comes down to how you intend to use it. My two cents:

• Basic Board: Use this for anything (generic) that you'd like to display in a board/card view. Example: A sprint retrospective
  • Kanban Board: Use this for a more traditional Kanban board view, with either "swim lanes" (sort of) per person, or columns to represent statuses. These boards don't need to be connected to actual projects.
  • Dynamic Board: Similar to the Kanban Board definition, with the addition of rules/filters to auto-populate the Kanban Board with either tasks or issues connected to projects.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you haven't already, I'd definintely check this out: Learn: Intro to Kanban Boards with Adobe Workfront (with the caveat that the recording is almost a year old).

I would agree that I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the three, (at least under the hood). I think it really comes down to how you intend to use it. My two cents:

• Basic Board: Use this for anything (generic) that you'd like to display in a board/card view. Example: A sprint retrospective
  • Kanban Board: Use this for a more traditional Kanban board view, with either "swim lanes" (sort of) per person, or columns to represent statuses. These boards don't need to be connected to actual projects.
  • Dynamic Board: Similar to the Kanban Board definition, with the addition of rules/filters to auto-populate the Kanban Board with either tasks or issues connected to projects.

Level 2

Thank you so much for your response. This really helps. Can you also share how to configure swimlanes like how traditionally we can on a jira board on Kanban boards? By Swimlanes I am assuming it will be more in horizontal way on the Board with say per person name or some other parameter

Level 5

Sure thing. When you're in a board, click on the "Group" button (located below the name of your board), then in the pop-out menu, change the Group by option to "Assignees".

I tend not to use this view as I've found it to be a bit finnicky when dragging cards around, but I also haven't played with it lately, so it's possible that the functionality has improved.

Kanban Board Group By MenuKanban Board Group By Menu