Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

What filter should you use to include Delegated Tasks in a task report?

Level 4

Hi community, I have a task dashboards for our users that filters for tasks assigned to them using a wildcard filter ($$USER.ID). Unfortunately, delegated tasks are not appearing. What filter do I need to include tasks that have been delegated to the user?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unless someone has figured this out and I haven't seen it, it's not possible to report on delegated tasks and it's not something I've found in the API explorer.

There has been an idea for this for a while. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/allow-delegated-tasks-to-pull-into-...

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unless someone has figured this out and I haven't seen it, it's not possible to report on delegated tasks and it's not something I've found in the API explorer.

There has been an idea for this for a while. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/allow-delegated-tasks-to-pull-into-...

Community Advisor

I saw a "delegationToID" field in the user object on the API explorer... have you experimented with this at all, to see what it does? 

Community Advisor

I have and it doesn't seem possible to use it to get task data. 

Community Advisor

ahh that's a bummer. I tried playing around with it and got results but nothing useful. In case this is of any help at all, what I tried was an assignment report with this in the filter:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=USRDEL
EXISTS:a:fromUserID=FIELD:assignedToID
EXISTS:a:startDate=2023-06-10T15:30:00:000
EXISTS:a:startDate_Mod=gt

I could get results to show in the assignment report, but nothing useful in the view. And the results were not particularly useful since I felt as though it was showing me ALL the assignments ever made.

Even if the user "stopped the delegation" it continued to show their results. We don't allow delegation to begin with so it was relatively easy for me to add a delegation for myself, and see results show up, and then add a delegation for another user, and see even MORE results show up. I changed the delegation for the other user, and adjusted the start date, so that's why my blockcode looks so oddly specific. (I did it to prove to myself that I could exclude my dates but what I really want is to be able to exclude myself if I cancel my delegation and this I couldn't find the time to figure out)

Anyway, don't know if this can help anyone get a little further but please share if you get better results. Obviously I'm assuming you can pull and combine what fields you need from the USERDEL object.

Community Advisor

I went ahead and submitted an idea for you to upvote if you like:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/allow-effective-reporting-on-delega...

I did ask Support if there was a way to report, but it feels like there really isn't. For your filter above, the exists statement I have below could work with some tweaking, but it would fail if anyone ever cancelled a delegation.

The workaround is likely to either delegate it to a made up user or for a made up time, but these are both "missing stair" workarounds -- they only work if your user knows to do this.