Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

WF as ticketing tool related queries

Level 2
Hi All, We have a scenario where our ticketing system is moving from SFDC to Workfront. We do not want these requests to be converted to projects or tasks. Appreciate if someone can clarify/help me with below queries Can we add tasks performed to requests without converting them to projects or tasks? Not all requests will have tasks associated with it. There are few fields that should be only visible and updated by the internal team. Eg: Request Resolution. Do we need to create an additional form and manually add them for each request submitted? Is this the only option or is there a way to automate the internal form addition to all the request forms once they are submitted? If we add an internal form manually, can we add a validation rule to make sure requests are not closed without adding the request resolution field? How do we calculate the SLA/Case aging for each request excluding the "waiting on the customer" status time? Thanks in advance!! Mohan
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hope this helps... No, you cannot add issues to a tasks. For my help desk queue, I will just put in the update stream here are the things I will need to do. If I want others on the team to help me, I tend to break it up (one update that is my stuff, another update that is all their stuff and I tag them). If you have cases where the same thing happens a lot (i.e. New Hire), you could create a custom form with the check list that people can update. There are two options: 1) Your team can manually add a custom form with the additional field, or 2) you can use a Section in your custom form for Internal Use Only and can limit the view and contribute rights. For our queue, it is for the Admins so we use the Admin Only option, but you could also use people who have contribute or manage rights on the project as a way of hiding or making certain fields read-only. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a validation you can do that stops you from closing an issue without a certain custom field filled out. However, if it is really really important, you can attach an approval path to the request. So when someone closes it, it has to go to you. You check if there was a resolution entered, if not, you reject and it goes back to your team, if it does, you can approve and it is officially closed. For our SLA, it is just when the issue is picked up so we use Entry Date versus Actual Start Date. So I'm hoping though someone else has an answer for you about aging that excludes the Awaiting Feedback status. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
Hi Antony, Thanks for your suggestions, this helps. Mohan Mohan Kumar