Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

We are thinking of creating a custom field that will give a number value to assign a "weight" to a project or task. I would like to have a report that shows the Assigned Project Owner and the total value of that field, can it could be done in a grouping?

Level 2

Here's the full idea. Have a field to assign a number value to a project or task. In a project or task report have a way to total that field for the assigned user. I was hoping it could be possible to have the Projects grouped by owner and somehow in the grouping also show that field total. For example, Project Owner A has 5 projects, this new field shows a value of 1 in each project. A grouping would show The Project Owner name and field total. So this report would show "Project Owner A" "5". I feel like it should be possible but I am not savvy enough to figure out the proper way to create such a report. Can anyone help get me moving in the right direction?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi Tim!

We just implemented a similar reporting structure with project weights to assist in our intake / assignment process. We have a calculated field for "project type" that is being created based on the project template used. We are then taking that project type field and associating values with it in a second "project weight" field.

If(Project Type = <NAME>, 5, If(Project Type = <NAME>, 8........,0))

With this we can have a better picture of what the team is working on and not just relying on the record counts since our projects vary so greatly.

Hope that helps!

Community Advisor

whatever field you create should be a number (i.e. be formatted as a number / Workfront recognizes it as a number).

When you create your report and add that column, you will see a dropdown in the Column Settings for "Summarize this column by".

Select "Sum" in the dropdown.