Expand my Community achievements bar.

user review of entries into a custom form

Level 1

I am attempting to create a custom form with sections that apply to different functional groups. Is there a method to assign someone to review the data I have entered into a section of a custom form?

For eaxample the custom form has 8 sections to it. One section, called Quality Engineering, has several fields in chis I have selected options to describe the quality requirements for the project. Can I then assign someone in my quality department to review the data I have entered? I would then assign the next section, Metrology Engineering, to the appropriate person to check that information.

My goal is to have a repository for me to input all of my project assumptions to have the Subject Matter Experts check my work and let me know if they feel edits need to be made.

This will be a new process, so I am open to different ideas on how to set up the structure. I would like to have the flexibility to setup each project with the correct number and type of engineers, fill in standard information for each section, and have them review or approve before I formalize the project scope of work.

3 Replies

Level 2

I have built separate reports and dashboards specific to the project custom fields each area/team needs to review/update. I added those dashboards to the project layout so they are easily selected from the left navigation within a project. Then we have tasks with approval loop(s) so the team and/or individuals are triggered to know when to go review/update their data. When they are triggered, they select the dashboard that has only the data fields they need/want to see.

Community Advisor

Spot on @DeniseMoore

Along that same thinking, @SParmelee, I invite you to review this Switchback Workflow post, which illustrates the concept of showing the (logically colorized) progress as the data for a particular functional area's view gets filled in, and the (logically sequenced) progression of the data as it "drops down" from one report to the next on a dashboard, if your business process lends itself naturally to that construct.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

@DeniseMoore‘s suggestion of having reports specific to the groups is an option for sure. You could also have these questions in separate forms and create multiple queue topics in your request queue setup. Each queue topic is associated with the team’s respective custom form, and can even automatically route to a specific team or user upon request submission for the review you’re mentioning (via routing rules associated with your queue topic). 

This way you can separate the form questions per team by queue topic but have it all still associated with one overall queue. 
Don’t fear having more custom forms in an instance when they’re warranted and you can still use the same fields within multiple forms. If you update a field used in multiple forms, it’ll update in all places.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )