Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

User Access Level options are all grayed out and not selectable

Level 3

I have encountered this issue twice today, and I am uncertain as to what is going on to cause it. The first time, I had to reactivate a user and I typed in the wrong Access level for their account when the prompt came up. So, when I went to select the proper level from the dropdown, all the options were grayed out and unselectable. So, I deactivated his account, and when I reactivated it and typed in the correct access level.

However, the second instance of this issue happened when a new user used a registration link that I provide all of our new users with. Typically, once they've used that link, I go in and adjust their account to have the appropriate access level, teams, groups, etc. But, when I went to move this new user from a Planner to a Worker, all the options were in gray. And it appears that this is the case for me with ALL users, despite my being the sys admin for our instance.

Any suggestions as to why this would be happening?

EDIT: This appears to be an even stranger issue than I initially though. It appears to affect all admin-level users. I am even unable to change my own access level. And it appears that the ticket submission is messed up, as I am unable to open a Workfront ticket, because it isn't an option to select...Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 5.10.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-12 at 5.09.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-12 at 5.08.20 PM.png

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Heard back from Support... the engineering team is aware and working on a hot fix for this bug, discovered earlier today.  They are hoping to have the fix pushed out tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

I just put a ticket in for the same issue.  Not sure what is going on, but I had to workaround via deactivation to try to adjust access, as well.

Hopefully, Support will be able to provide an update soon... will share once I hear back.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Heard back from Support... the engineering team is aware and working on a hot fix for this bug, discovered earlier today.  They are hoping to have the fix pushed out tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

Level 3

That's good news. Hopefully, this will also address the inability to report a ticket for Workfront on the support site.