Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Update event notifications

Level 3
I think I know the answer already, but is there any way to modify email event notifications? I would like to send an automated email to every Project Sponsor after their project completes. Thoughts?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 6
Looking for this too. I would like to be able to send emails based on update feeds. i haven't found a way to do it within the system. We could potentially do it via API calls, but i'd rather do it in system than out if possible

Level 7
Steve, the only thing I can think of is to create a Project Approval Path that whenever a Project is set to Complete, the sponsor must approve it. This in effect gives him notification of the completion of their projects. (They have have to click the Approve button to have the project complete).

Level 7
Ryan, We run a report (daily) that shows particular users (usually Project Owners) that shows all updates (notes) to their projects. Maybe this would help?

Level 3
So, the Email Notifications and Custom Email appears like it would send an email template to a limited list of users (Owner, Entered By, Project Team, etc.) based on a qualifying time period (i.e. 1 hour after actual completion date). [Setup=>Email=>Notifications=>Reminder Notification/Email Templates] I've set this up but can't seem to get it to fire the email. I have a ticket in with WF and when I get a response I'll post the resolution here.

Level 7
Yes, but I thought you wanted the notification to go to the sponsor? You can't do that with email notifications, can you?

Level 3
Correct. I can't send it to the sponsor. But, if I can send the already-formatted email to the Project Owner, they can just forward it to the right person. Ideally, I find a way to spare my PMs from having to craft the email...forwarding is the next best option.

Level 8
Even though the setting says “1 hour after…” it actually goes out as a batch at midnight, so you won’t see the email right away. Adina

Level 6
has anyone found a way to build out custom event notifications - the reminder notifications just don't work the way we want them to. Since the most recent update our notifications have changed. Previously users received an email notification when a preceding task was completed and their task was ready to start. this linked to their task so they could actively work on it. This was a very useful tool for keeping people engaged. Now that notification has changed to sending the user a "this task has been changed to complete" and links to the preceding tasks which is complete and not helpful at all. any thoughts?