Expand my Community achievements bar.

Two questions: 1) Is there a find and replace functionality for project task names? 2) Can the default "only one decision required" on approvals be changed?

Level 2

Two things my team is always asking me about.

1) Is there a find and replace functionality when you have a project set up with your tasks? We use templates and it'd be nice to be able to do a quick find/replace through the tasks.

2) On approvals, the default is always "only one decision required" when multiple approvals are set up. We rarely use that feature. Is there a way to change that default?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Kathy,

To your first question, I invite you to consider our Sync Template solution, with which you could pinpoint the Tasks of interest (using a filter) and then synchronize the desired new Task Names (or Durations, Milestones, Priorities, etc.) "out" to those Tasks. Some of the items sync'd can also be done via Bulk Edit, but others (such as Predecessors and Missing Tasks) are too complex, and cannot.

For the approvals, I am not aware of a way to change that default, but have Liked this post so I can learn how it can be done, should anyone else know that trick.

Regards,

Doug