Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trying to Build a 'Days Past Due' Calculated Expression in Reports

Level 1
I want to create a recurring dashboard report which goes out to stakeholders showing two reports. One will show all action items, who is assigned, due dates, etc. For the second report I wanted it to only show past due items. Where I am getting tripped up is a calculated expression field which shows days past due. Once I have that field working, I can set up the report appropriately. I feel like I have it set up right but it will not show any results so something is definitely wrong. I have created other calculated fields that work just fine but I think the difference with this one is that I am using a dynamic value (Today's date) as part as the formula. I'm wondering if that is the issue. Below is the formula I am using. I'm basically trying to measure the days between today's date and the planned completion date. Just a note, 'Days past due' is my own custom label for the planned completion date field you see circled below. Also, I did check text mode first to make sure I was using the correct text for planned completion date. Initially, I added rounding to the formula but took that out thinking maybe it was causing an issue. I thought this was about as basic as it gets but it is still not producing a result. I would expect to see 1 day here considering the due date was 8/19 and today is 8/20. displayname=Days Past Due textmode=true valueexpression=DATEDIFF({$$TODAY},{plannedCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
Andy Bolazina Data and Analytics Workforce Solutions Equifax Inc. O 314-214-7288 C 314-497-7368 "mailto:andy.bolazina@equifax.com" andy.bolazina@equifax.com This message contains proprietary information from Equifax which may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail "mailto:postmaster@equifax.com" postmaster@equifax.com . Equifax® is a registered trademark of Equifax Inc. All rights reserved.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7
Take the brackets away around $$TODAY and that should do it. valueexpression=DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{plannedCompletionDate}) Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services