Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Trouble importing task start dates and durations

Level 2
I've been asked to import a number of projects from Excel. I've used the kickstart feature many times, but I'm having difficulty. I've been asked to import the planned start dates and the task durations. I'm able to import the tasks, but the start dates and durations are not set. I filled in the following information, in addition to the usual starting columns (Task name, ID etc). Any ideas about what I'm missing. I'm confident that there is one obvious step that I'm missing and that I'll smack my forehead the moment it's mentioned. Thanks in advance. Corey Corey Young Dayton Children's Hospital
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Corey, I'd suggest you setDurationType to FIXT, and both setPlannedStartDate and setCommitDate to the same desired values. If that doesn't do it, let me know: I've got a tricky-dates-rules-of-thumb around here somewhere... Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 2
Thanks Doug. No joy yet, but I'm looking at other possible issues. Is it picky about the date format? Corey Corey Young Senior Project Manager Dayton Children's Hospital O: 937-641-3254 E: name@childrensdayton.org "http://www.childrensdayton.org/"
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents or files is intended for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited and possibly a violation of federal/state law or regulations. If you received this information in error, please notify Dayton Children's Hospital immediately via telephone at (937) 641-5293, or via electronic mail cmcconfidentiality@childrensdayton.org and promptly destroy the original message. Thank you.

Level 2
Looking at an export, the setDurationType values seem to be S, D, W or A. I suspect that FIXT would be right out. Corey Young Dayton Children's Hospital

Level 2
Thanks again Doug. I got it. Needed to set setTaskConstraint (not type) to FIXT, and then had to put dates in the right format (YYYY-MM-DD) in both planned start and completion. I really don't like working this way - meaning hard coding dates - but no choice on this one. Thanks again, Corey Corey Young Dayton Children's Hospital