Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Too many proof comments!

Level 3
I need help! One of our groups is using the proofing tool for feedback on PDF copy, which is a great way to keep everything in one tool. The problem is, for some reason, everyone on the task is receiving an email notification for EVERY comment that is made on the proof. some proofs have upwards of 30 comments on it, so that is a lot of emails in the span of 3-5 minutes. Where do we go to (specifically) to turn off the individual comments on the proofs? Is there a way to set it so that it is just 1 email for when the proof is complete? Or no notifications at all for the proofs? Thanks in advance! Nicole Medenilla Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 5
You can change these settings when you set up the proof. I'm sure there's a way to do it post-proof, but I'll have to take another look. Below is a screenshot - you can change settings for each person involved in the proof, if needed. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Community Advisor
The proof Details is where you can change the emails alerts on a proof, post-creation. There's also somewhere in proofhq where you can set each person's default email alert so you don't have to change their alert each time you make a proof. I forget exactly where it is, but I believe you have to set each person individually. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
To change the default notifications, the admin can go into Proof (via the check mark in Workfront) and click into the setup/users and change the default notifications for each user and for the users they invite to review a proof. I can’t see how to bulk change so I’ve been doing it one user at a time.

Level 2
If there is a way to do a bulk update, please share. we have so many users and it was painful to update one setting previously. Norma Awad Esri

Level 1
Unfortunately, there are only three ways that I'm aware of to edit notification settings. During the creation of the proof: If you used the "New" dropdown under documents, you can change notifications settings from the right side as indicated in a screenshot from a previous comment. During the creation of the proof: If you clicked "Generate Proof" from an existing file, it will use the default user settings. You have to change the default settings on EACH user. There is no global setting. After creation of the proof via the proof details link on the details tab as someone else mentioned. To disable notifications completely, we change the following settings at the User level, and we have project coordinators double-checking these settings are set from the Proof Details tab before sending links to clients. Under "Default Proof Settings", we activate subscriptions so folks outside of Workfront can share links. But we turn off the emails. We also set "Reviewer" as the default role. Under "Default Email Alert Settings", we disable emails in pretty much every case. The lack of a global setting makes it very painful to set up new options across the board. We have dozens of users creating proofs and need to deactivate all notifications except to the owner, as we don't want reviewers getting notifications with every comment. I've submitted an Idea to Idea exchange to give us "global" settings that we can set along with the user and per proof settings, if anyone would like to up-vote it: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002738914-Global-Settings-for-Proofs-including-Subscriptions-Roles-etc-">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002738914-Global-Settings-for-Proofs-inclu... Alex Mueller Thomson Reuters - Tax and Accounting