Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Time Tracked this week - Need to Show Zero by user

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to report out hours tracked by a team, by user, this week, last week, and last month. I can get the users to show who have time tracked - what I can't seem to include are those users that have NOT tracked time. I cannot get zero hours to show.

I believe I read sometime ago - a way to show those zero trackers, but couldn't locate the thread with that information.

Thanks in advance!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Sherri,

I'm not a reporting expert, but I found a few threads that might be helpful, that are at least semi-related to your quandry here.

This one gives text mode on how to show user's task's actual hours vs planned hours.

This thread specifically mentions how to see hours entered for the current week, and includes text mode to try out.

This one goes the route of using a timesheet based report.

I'm not sure this will solve the issue for you, but maybe someone else will have a better solution if those other threads don't help!

@Nichole Vargas‚ do you have any insight on this one by chance?

Kyna

Level 10

Hi Sherri,

I invite you to create a User report using this textmode filter, which will return any Users with no hours entered in the past 7 days (for example):

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=HOUR

EXISTS:a:entryDate=$$TODAY-7d

EXISTS:a:entryDate_Mod=gt

EXISTS:a:ownerID=FIELD:ID

Regards,

Doug

Employee Advisor

@Sherri Nuzum‚

Currently, it is not possible to show 0 hours in the Actual Hours column of an Hour report. So you would need to create a User Report, like @Doug Den Hoed‚ mentioned, and adjust the time frame.

This Week

EXISTS:a:entryDate=$$TODAYbw

EXISTS:a:entryDate_Mod=between

EXISTS:a:entryDate_Range=$$TODAYew

Last Month:

EXISTS:a:entryDate=$$TODAY-7d

EXISTS:a:entryDate_Mod=gt

If you have any questions, let us know!

Level 9

Hey Sherri! @Doug Den Hoed‚ showed me a neat trick to accomplish this.

You have to trick the system in making it think there are entries when there are not in order to reflect that someone is missing.

Create a time tracking project. Leave it in planning. Add a task named 'time tracking task' with a date of 01/01/16. Add all users you want to track on this timesheet to this task.

The next step is creating a timesheet for each of these users. You can manually do this in the timesheets area. Add 1 hour in the date of the task (01/01/16).

Lastly, for your report, you will want to use the or function and include any hours submitted on date of 01/01/16.

The result will be a graph that shows all users with 1 hour - if they have hours submitted in that week it will show their actual hours + 1 hour. If they do not, the placeholder 1 hour will remain there. Hope that helps!