Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Time Off - Alerts for tagging in updates/task assignments

Level 5

I know that you are able to see when a user has Time Off within the resource management tool, and when assigning tasks (showing the exclamation mark) - but is there anyway to know/alert someone when they are tagging a user in an update who is on PTO? Or for tasks to be delegated while OOO, similar to the way approvals work?

We have built a Time Off calendar that everyone has access to which is helpful. But getting a lot of Project Managers being unaware of someone taking a last minute day off when tasks are already assigned out, and they are pinging them in updates with no way of knowing they are off without checking the calendar, causing projects to be delayed.

Just curious if anyone knows of a helpful solution :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kasey,

One pragmatic approach is to invite people to prefix (OO) on their first name when they are heading out of office. In addition to making it obvious when their name appears anywhere within Workfront, a prefix (vs suffix) makes it harder to find them to tag, which provides a (slightly frustrating but effective) reminder to the person who is “it” (ie trying to tag then).

i like the concept so much that I am considering automating it, as a future solution to offer. It would be a fun Fusion challenge, too. </gauntlet>

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kasey,

One pragmatic approach is to invite people to prefix (OO) on their first name when they are heading out of office. In addition to making it obvious when their name appears anywhere within Workfront, a prefix (vs suffix) makes it harder to find them to tag, which provides a (slightly frustrating but effective) reminder to the person who is “it” (ie trying to tag then).

i like the concept so much that I am considering automating it, as a future solution to offer. It would be a fun Fusion challenge, too. </gauntlet>

Regards,

Doug

Level 5

Apologies for the delayed response, but thank you very much for this recommendation! We have started using this approach, however, we have ran into an issue with it and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. When the user adds OO to their first name, it adds it to their WF name and also their name within the proofing tool - but when they remove it from their WF name, it does not remove it from the proofing tool - and it continues to say OO until it is manually switched there as well. Any way around this?

Thanks again!