Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text mode to subtract two columns in a view, ability to add in color coding??

Level 5

I am trying to subtract two columns in a view but not getting the result expected: 

displayname=Remaining Seats Available
textmode=true
valueexpression=SUB({DE:CO - Available Seats},{numberOfOpenRequests})

valueformat=HTML

This calc is only bringing in the "CO - Available Seats" data point (so, say my CO - Available Seats field is 6, I have 3 open requests on the task - the calculated field should be showing me I have 3 remaining seats available, but it is showing 6). Do I need to specify what object "numberOfOpenRequests" relates to in the calculation? I tried adding in {task:numberOfOpenRequests} but that is still not working. 

On another level, once that calc works, am I able to color code the calculated field (say, if the number is negative meaning I have more open requests than available seats, the field would be red)? 

Thank you for your help,

Olivia

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Actually, I figured it out - 101 Lesson for me over here!! I was pulling in {numberOfOpenRequests} which looked like the field name, but when I went into that field and clicked Switch to text mode, I saw the namekey of that field was numberOpenOpTasks... when I used that I started getting the right calculation! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7
{numberOfOpenRequests}

doesn't look like default field so I would try:

{DE:numberOfOpenRequests}

Level 5

Thanks Rafal! I tried that as well, but I believe it is a system field. When I look at my custom fields, that one does not exist on the list. When I search for "number of open requests", it shows up with the following objects: Task, Project, Parent, Rejection Request... I want to pull in the Task field of Number of Open Requests, so wondering is there a way to specify I want that specific field? Thank you - Olivia 

Correct answer by
Level 5

Actually, I figured it out - 101 Lesson for me over here!! I was pulling in {numberOfOpenRequests} which looked like the field name, but when I went into that field and clicked Switch to text mode, I saw the namekey of that field was numberOpenOpTasks... when I used that I started getting the right calculation! 

Community Advisor

for number of open requests, I'd try {numberOfOpenIssues}, since requests and issues are essentially the same thing, just differentiated by how they were created.