Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

gifs and videos embedded in ppts in proofing not showing

Level 1

We are trying to use the proofing functionality to get approval on large campaigns. Normally what happens is that the campaign content gets uploaded in a large powerpoint and gets approved and in that powerpoint, there are often videos and gifs but when you come to proof these, you only see the static images, the gifs and videos don't play. Any idea how this can work? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Rafal, appreciate you looking into this. We eventually decided to just export the ppt as a video file and upload that way. This seemed to have little effect on the outcome and meant we didn't have to faff about with the desktop app either. Thanks for your help! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I  haven't tried this but the first thing I would try is to put the powerpoint on Sharepoint (or some cloud sharing thing) and then make an interactive proof. I wonder if that would work?

Level 1

Thanks JillAc, we tried this and it worked but there is an issue with sharepoint where if a file is above a certain size, it will not play so that didn't work either.  We eventually settled on exporting the powerpoint file as a video file and uploading it directly in proofHQ. This seemed to be the best solution! Thank you

Community Advisor

I agree with previous comment, if you use SharePoint integration and the file is linked from SP location, what happens when you click on the file name PPT webapp opens. When file is viewed in slide show you can still watch the video. I did run a quick test and it worked for me.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Rafal, appreciate you looking into this. We eventually decided to just export the ppt as a video file and upload that way. This seemed to have little effect on the outcome and meant we didn't have to faff about with the desktop app either. Thanks for your help!