Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Template task that references Project Name

Level 9
Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out a way to add the Project Name to a task for use on a calendar. We pull an 'in market' task into a marketing calendar and right now it displays the task name. We do this for every project we open so I'd like to automate this. We have to point at the task name due to other requirements so I can't simply change the settings on the calendar entry. I was thinking I could edit our templates to reference the $$Project Name in the task name but I'm not having any luck. Has anyone done something similar or have any ideas? Drew Conklin Reliant
4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Drew, when you say " pull an 'in market' task into a marketing calendar" are you talking about a calendar in WF? You can normally customize the label in WF calendar so it shows the project name - thanks, Yannick Yannick Seifert WebMD

Level 10
My calendar has this setting to make the label Project Name. I use a Milestone for my In Market calendar, which I find much easier because sometimes people change task names and this way I can have a different color for each type of communication based on the marketing type (email, direct mail, advertising etc). Here is a screenshot: Jill Ackerman

Level 7
Hi Drew, You can customize the task label in a Workfront calendar to show pretty much anything you'd like to on a regular task view. To do a label such as project name and task name, you'd use something that looks like this: If you notice at the bottom, you can select Custom, and then define how you want the label to appear. I used a hyphen to separate the project name from the task name, though you can use close to anything you'd like. I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 9
Yeah - we're using the calendar in Workfront but we have two types of objects we're pulling into one filter but we can only choose to display either the project name or task name. So in this screen shot you can see some items show the name of the project - which is descriptive, helpful info - and other's show 'In Market'. 'In Market' is the name of the task and I'd like to find an easy, preferably automated way, to pull the project name into the name of that task so it shows the items on the calendar in a consistent way. We're also limited by the number of filters we can add to a single calendar so we want to keep these combined in one. Here's the filter we have built too. Drew Conklin Reliant