Expand my Community achievements bar.

Teams -> Working On, why are tasks greyed out?

Level 1
Hello, What is the logic behind which tasks are visible and which are greyed out (no view access) in the Teams Working On tab. My resource managers love this tab, but with a Plan license, task details don't seem to show for my entire team. My expectation is that I should be able to see all the task details for all people who are included in the Resource Pools that the Resource Manager is in charge of. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you help me figure out how to configure the system to do this? I don't want all of my Resource Managers to be System Admins, but right now that seems like the only way. Thanks, Angie Stockton Nielsen - COE
1 Reply

Level 3
I would start by looking at the Sharing on the tasks that are showing up as grayed out. That indicates to me that the people looking at the task list don't have the proper Sharing permissions to open the tasks and view the information. Check out this article on the Support website about task access: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217179507-Task-Access Being part of a Resource Pool or being a Resource Manager doesn't grant any kind of access to tasks. Hierarchy to items is first granted with the License Type (plan or work), then the Access Level, then the permissions on the individual item. Some item-level permissions are granted when assigning a task to a person (these are set at the global system level and on an individual project). When troubleshooting, I always start with the individual item to make sure it's shared with the people who need to access it. That usually solves the problem. I've attached some files that might be helpful in understanding the access hierarchy. Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com