Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

team owners are not part of the team?

Level 10

A user sharing our instance and who we help administratively is having an issue where her team is assigned to a task and she said it is appearing she's no longer part of the team overnight. To troubleshoot, I logged in as her and went to the task where her team was assigned (manage access was given to the team on the task). She is unable to "work on the task" or do anything on it and would have to request more access. I checked the team setting and she's appeared to be the team owner. The team when looking into the Team tab does not include her icon.

Was there a change recently regarding teams? Team owners are not included as part of the team? I actually don't remember putting names as team owners when we set up years ago. I'm assuming WF just did it and assumed team owners.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

I'm assuming not a lot are seeing this issue as the people who set up the teams are administrators (or your consulting Workfront partners) and so you would not really see the effects. I've added the user back as a team member. And most of the functionality is back. Some she says, she can't do but she'll do a reboot later just in case things are cached.

As I looked at this issue more, I've ran a report to see the teams and added owner name, entered by and entry date columns. Interestingly, the owner name and the entered by names do not match all the time. In fact, most of the ones I've set up years ago, I'm set up as the owner and the entered by name is empty. The entry date is 12/13/69(?!). It would have made more sense that the owner is empty and entered by has my name.

While adding the user back to the team as a team member may be the resolution at this time, it doesn't answer why the change seemed to have happened overnight and what else does it affect - that's what worries me more.

Level 10

I have an issue with viewing Teams on NWE that I will mention here though it's not the same problem.

They have made it so now you can only see Teams you are on while using the Teams tab. I have a WF Admin who is a resource manager, and she isn't actually ON any of the teams, she just assigns work -- and she can't see any Teams except the one she's on (Admin Team). We had to add her to be a member of every team so she can see them. However she can search for a Team and find it that way. I put in a ticket that not even an admin or Resource Manager was able to see all the Teams, and was told this is "as designed."