Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tasks assigned to a Team

Level 6
Hi all! I'm trying to produce a report that only shows tasks that have been assigned to a 'Team' (it may have individuals assigned to it also). We don't use this feature in Workfront for resource planning pruposes so as the Admin I need to get those tasks reassigned to the team leader. My progress - I have a task report that shows 'Assignments' column. This shows me everything I need except I can't get it to ONLY show me those tasks with a team assigned to them. This report shows me all tasks and their assignments. How do I set the filter? - I'm assuming text mode but have no clue where to begin with that. Thanks :)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Hi: If you create an assignment report, and create a filter where the Assignment >> Team ID equals the team you want, that should show you all tasks assigned to that team. An assignment could be made to: 1) A team (look at the Team ID); 2) A person (look at the Assigned To:name); 3) A role (look at the Job Role:name); If you want to show all tasks that are assigned to that team, without regard to whether a person is assigned or not, and without regard to whether a role is assigned or not, you look for the assignment team ID = the team you want. Is this what you’re looking for? Eric

Level 10
Hi: I don’t think you need text mode. Here is an example of a filter that picks all tasks where the task is assigned to a team only - not assigned to a person and not assigned to a role: [cid:image001.jpg@01D1F468.E067CC10] Let me know if this helps, please. Thanks, Eric

Level 6
Oh DOH moment! I was looking at it from the wrong angle. Thanks Eric ‚ò∫ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D1F4A5.6BA14F90]

Level 3
I created a report with the filters as follows: Task>Team ID equals $$USER.teamIDs and Task status not equal Complete You could also use $$USER.homeTeamID if you want a report of not completed tasks assigned to users with the same home team as me. Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Employee
Hey Eric - I know this is a really old post, but what type of report are you referencing with an 'Assignment Report'? I'm not seeing this as an options so maybe the name changed? Thanks! Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.

Level 8
@Sarah Nau it should be the 8th option down when you click new report: Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Employee
Thanks Kristin! I was able to find it in the live environment, but not in our sandbox (I am not using the new user experience) - I wonder if they are taking that report away? Very strange. Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.