Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Report: Exclude Self Assigned Tasks (Assigned to ID does not equal Assigned by ID)

Level 2
I have a request to create a task report that filters out self assigned tasks for a group of individuals. Assignment > Assigned to ID > Equals > [NAMES] Assignment > Assigned by ID > Not Equal > [NAMES] When I enter the above information in standard mode, it deletes one of the two filters which I've found out is the expected outcome. Does anyone know of a Text Mode solution to this equation? Thank you (as always) in advance for any support!! Theresa Larocque Team Lead, Learning Process Governance Suncor Energy
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Level 10
Hi Theresa, I've worked out an example that finds Tasks whose Assignees (via assignmentUsersMM) are among a known set of (three) UserIDs, and defines a Self Assigned Task as one whose (primary) assignedToID is the same as its enteredByID (e.g. "Tasks people created and assigned to themselves"), and excludes such Tasks from a larger set (via the "ne" not equals between assignedToID and enteredByID) Here's what it looks like in textmode: assignmentsUsersMM:ID=3f5nad1800590da90056bf05b713012c,1a64c9bdfc12982be040007f01006de7,8c64c9bdec12982be040007f01006de7 assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in assignedToID=FIELD:enteredByID assignedToID_Mod=ne In my test, the filter returned 82 tasks, none of which had the same Assigned To person as Entered By person. When I removed the last two lines, on the other hand, 971 rows came back, the majority of which had my name in both Assigned To and Entered By. Which, as a side-note, mathematically confirms my long standing belief that I am my own worst enemy. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hi Doug, I'm having problems with assignmentsUsersMM:ID. I can't find it in my filters and the text mode will not accept it. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Thank you! Theresa Larocque Team Lead, Learning Process Governance Suncor Energy

Level 10
Hi Theresa, Here's 3000 words worth of pictures that might help you set the Task report filter. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thank you for the pictures Doug - very helpful to get me on the right path! I've created the report and sent it to the requestor. I will definitely let you know once he has validated it. Cheers, Theresa Larocque Team Lead, Learning Process Governance Suncor Energy

Level 2
I've been working on a similar report the last two days. We were having the same issues: certain tasks assigned to users in the filter tab were not showing up because they were not the primary assignee. The assignment user filter resolved that but I have another question. I have that filter showing me tasks assigned to USER A, USER B, USER C, and USER D. These tasks also have other users assigned as well. I'd like to add a Grouping to Group the tasks by the users listed in the filter; however, the standard Grouping by name has the tasks grouped by various users, including those in the filter. Has anyone run across this issue and has been able to resolve it? Douglas Sampson Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond