Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Level to Project Level Field/Calculation?

Level 4

Hello! I am trying to create a calculated Project level field that pulls/calculates a number based on a task level field. I know when I've done the opposite i do, Project.Field Name.. Is it possible the opposite? I want my project level field to take the numbers I've entered into the task field and sum together, just not getting anywhere.

Project Field - Total Additional Days = 8

Task 1 Additional Days = 5

Task 2 Additional Days = 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

@Jordan Martinson‚ It is not currently possible to reference the collection of tasks from a project custom field. You can reference project fields from a task custom form because that is a 1:1 relationship, but you cannot reference the 1:many relationship (collections) of project to tasks.

In order to get the SUM of additional days, you would want to create a Task Report, add your custom field as a column and select SUM from the dropdown, Summarize this column by and then group the results by project name. TIP: If the Summarize this column by option is not available, it means that your custom field doesn't have Number selected as the field type.

If you have any questions, let me know!