Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task due notification

Level 1
When a task is completed, is there a way to notify the person with the next task that it's ready for them to work on? For example, can the notification say something like: Jane Doe Completed Task 7 John Smith, Task 8 is ready for you to work on Thanks! Darren Shannon SCAN Health Plan
6 Replies

Level 10
there's an email notification that can be sent out when all the predecessors of a task are complete, and it pretty much says that (except for the part about John Smith). It says who completed the previous task and which task is now ready to start. -skye

Level 1
Thanks, Skye! But didn't that notification once feature a "Work On It" button--or do you know? Darren Shannon SCAN Health Plan

Level 10
Hi Darren, It is unrelated to the Work On It button. You just need to make sure the notification is turned on at your Global settings (and obviously the User's settings). NOTE: it only applies when the successor task is assigned to an Individual. It won't notify a Team when a predecessor is complete. Hope that makes sense.

Level 10
I went back and looked at one of my notifications for this sort, and actually it does say the task is assigned to ____. So in theory it fulfills your requirement: it notes the task is complete and which task is ready and who it is assigned to, in the body of the email. I don't really remember that the notification ever featured a "work on it" button, which makes sense, since you are able to hit that button at any time during the life of the task, so why would Workfront provide it at this late stage. -skye

Level 1
It does. Appreciated, Vic! Darren Shannon SCAN Health Plan

Level 1
Thanks for your reply, Skye! Darren Shannon SCAN Health Plan