Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

System Admin vs Group Admin

Level 2
Hi Everyone - After attending this year's LEAP Conference I found out that we can have Group Admins rather than having multiple System Admins. I would like to explain to my team the difference of each and how those who used to be System Admin will still have "some" features of a System Admin access. Can anyone help me figure out what exactly the difference is, what Group Admin will have access to and the definition of both roles (if one)? Thanks! Jill Jillian McGovern Project Manager NYU Langone Health New York, New York E: jillian.mcgovern@nyumc.org P: 646.754.7358
5 Replies

Level 8
I'd also like to hear from others about how they're splitting tasks out to group admins! There is an article about the purpose of group admins >here . Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 2
Thanks for the link! Jillian McGovern Project Manager NYU Langone Health New York, New York E: jillian.mcgovern@nyumc.org P: 646.754.7358

Level 9
I believe the group admin features are relatively recent. To that end, I have not had much success with our group admin setup as I've hit walls with limitations as to what they can do as an admin of their group. Determine what the purpose is that you want to have the group admin do, and then decide if that can be accomplished as being a part of a team or something more established. Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 5
Hi Jill, I am a Group Admin for our Marketing & Creative department. In our situation our IT department 'owns' the instance and has a policy in place that does not allow System Admins outside the IT department. Group Admin must have at least a Plan license. My limitations include: Adding new people. Once added I can move them to my group and manage most of their customization. Setting persons license type. Can create forms and manage forms I create. Can create and manage layouts for our team Setup Processes:: setting up approvals, milestone paths, custom forms Setup: recycle bin Setup: job roles Setup: groups Setup: log in as (only those in our Group) Setup: schedules Setup: time sheets & hours : time sheet profiles Setup: interface : layout templates Plus I am set up to administer the review & approval side (proofhq section) as IT does not work with proofs It may be possible to expand access with a customized license setup but this is all I currently have. Note: Group Admins cannot submit support requests, submit ideas on idea exchange, vote on ideas in idea exchange, not sure I can even get into/see ideas on idea exchange (just tried but it's down "We are currently performing some emergency maintenance with Idea Exchange, we hope to have it back online ASAP"). Our Group's needs differ from the other Group(s) but we cannot account for our needs directly on Ideas Exchange but would need to convince an IT System Admin to post on our behalf. It also means all support requests first have to go through IT who is set up differently and uses the system differently than our Group. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 4
Hello, everyone, Thanks for your interest in this topic! I'm glad to inform that we are currently researching how to further enhance the group administration capabilities within our product. If you're interested in sharing your feedback in more details, and thus help us design the solution that works best for you, please book a feedback call with us using "https://calendly.com/enterprise-controls-for-growth/enterprise-controls-for-growth">this link . Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Product Manager Workfront