Expand my Community achievements bar.

Suggestions for Collecting User Feedback

Level 2
Hi all, we are coming up on our one-year implementation anniversary and I have been seriously considering sending around a survey to gather some feedback, new ideas, and any constructive criticism my users may have. Our situation is unique, I did not have a core implementation team and drove a lot of the adoption process myself. We also lost our CMO shortly after rolling everything out so I didn't have buy-in from the top; I didn't have anyone to say "you MUST use this tool." So, our roll-out was fragmented but I think overall we are in a good place right now. I am really looking for ideas on what sorts of questions would provide the most value to me as the system admin. I could easily create a survey with 20+ questions but then I will struggle with users even completing the survey. Have you ever done a poll/survey/general ask for how things are going, how can the tool work better for your team, etc.? Chelsea Terwilliger Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP
2 Replies

Level 7
You may find this Community thread helpful: "Good user experience questions for a survey?" "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=7515f5f6-ddf8-4d14-ab0c-8284724465db&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bm7515f5f6-ddf8-4d14-ab0c-8284724465db#bm0">https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=7515f5... I know I did -- some excellent suggestions. We just recently past our one-year, roll-out mark, and I compiled a survey gleaning some tips from the above thread. We use Workfront in the Marketing Department and wanted to conduct the survey to gather feedback to help inform improvements for our use of Workfront (templates, processes, training, adoption, etc.) going into this second year. It was a 17 question, anonymous survey. I'm still analyzing the results. Anyway, we had a mix of questions asking the group to rate certain topic elements, as well as some open ended questions. Sampling of questions: 1. Rate your overall satisfaction with Workfront as a project management system. (Range options - Very Satisfied, Satisfied, etc. to Very Dissatisfied) 2. How well does Workfront meet your project management needs? (Range options - Extremely well, Very Well, etc. to Not at all well) 3. How satisfied are you with Workfront's ease of use? (Range options - Very Satisfied, Satisfied, etc. to Very Dissatisfied) 4. Rate your satisfaction with Workfront as a collaboration tool. (Range options - Very Satisfied, Satisfied, etc. to Very Dissatisfied) 5. Have you used any of Workfront's Reporting functionality? If answered yes, are you getting the Reports that you need out of Workfront? If answered no, please describe the Reports you would like to have. 6. I am satisfied with the Workfront in-house training that is offered. (Range options - Strongly Agree, Agree, etc. to Strongly Disagree) 7. What do you like most about Workfront? 8. What do you like least about Workfront? 9. Is there any aspect of the Workfront templates, workflows or processes that you feel takes more time than necessary? 10. Do you have any other comments, questions or concerns about Workfront? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
I have a small team, therefore, I sit with each person and do my 'survey' - although they don't know that's what I'm doing. I understand you will need a written survey due to the size of your group/company. Here are the key questions that I ask, periodically: 1) Are you using a spreadsheet for any portion of your work? (if the answer is yes, that is an action item for me to get that spreadsheet into workfront) 2) What are the top 2 pain points of your job? (My interest is to see if Workfront can lessen or remove a pain point) 3) If you had the power to change any 1 aspect of your job - what would that be and why? (Again, I'm trying to see if Workfront can solve a problem or at least smooth it out a bit) 4) If you use Workfront, what is your #1 complaint or issue with it? (Purpose is to make Workfront an Ally not the Enemy - if they hate using it - then I want to know why - so that I can modify it in some way to make it good to use, easy to use, intuitive - now if they are just negative and hate change - there is nothing I can do to fix that bad attitude - other than to try to show them the benefits to THEM why Workfront is a good application to use - maybe they just need more education on the benefits to them vs doing business the 'old' way). Hope this helps you in some way. Benetta Perry WF System Administrator APS Payroll