Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Status Changes on Project

Level 10
I would like to create a report that provides the dates or elapsed days between status changes on a project. For example, days between Current to Pending Approval, Pending Approval to Pending Implementation, Pending Implementation to Closed. We would like to identify where significant delays occur within projects occurred. Suggestions?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

71 Replies

Level 10

Good point Eric. I’ve actually stumbled on reports because I failed to remove someone’s name from the “Run With Access Rights Of” in the report settings. It’s easy to set, then forget to remove. I believe Benetta is an admin.

Level 10

Benetta (and Narayan...and Eric...), your "this is so frustrating" comment touched a nerve, and lead me to rediscover this similar thread (post removed) with Laura, myself, Adam and Nick last year.

It's a thrilling tale, but in case you're more interested in the punchline, I've re-attached Nick's solution here, in case it helps you find what you need.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10
I can get results and data back of all other change activity - i can not get the status change that is logged in the project update feed. I do see the status change in the issue update feed. See my attachments. I am now viewing the attachment from Doug. .... BRB

Level 10
Doug, I can get all of these status changes - however - these are TASK status changes. I want to see the status change of the actual PROJECT. The line is there, in the project update feed, I just can't figure out how to pull it out. See my attachments. Thanks.

Level 4
Hi Eric, Do you know if there is a column that can be displayed on a project report that displays the time/age between status changes? Andrew Beard

Level 10
Tim, Can you elaborate more - I have a milestone already created, I have no approval path, when the project change from planning to current, for example - how to I use that same milestone to capture the dates (when it entered planning, when it entered current)? Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Eric, I do not want to reinvent the wheel. I need the following report that you have already created ... I am interested in when projects moved into "transitioned" status. another that shows all projects that were moved into or out of another status...from your reply ... THANKS Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Anthony, Can I get this report? I need to know when my project moved into state "transitioned". Also the combined entry is a great feature. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 4
Did anyone figure out how to make this work? I am struggling to make a similar report. I tried listing Audit Text and Note Text on a test project without any filters other than project id. It still does not list anything for project status changes. It only lists changes for tasks and issues. Is this a Workfront bug? or there is some alternative way to fetch the project status change. Sadashiv Kulkarni