Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sorting by a grouped item

Level 9
Good day -- I Assume in order to sort a column listed soly in the Group tab (IE a column not added in the view) one needs to use the Text Mode editor for that grouping. And I'm still learning my way around the Text Mode system: Here is the text I added: group.0.querysort=iteration:name group.0.sortOrder=0 The field is a stock field used in an Agile Scrum Team - Iteration Any pointers here to help nudge me in the correct direction? JohnSeitz ESPN
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee
Hey John, Any time I need to sort by a field that I don't want shown on my report, I add the column, click the sort by, then change to text mode. Copy the fields: querysort= sortOrder= sortType= Delete the column that you added that you don't want showing on your report. Go to another column that you are not sorting by and paste these fields in. Make sure that there is not another field by any of these names, delete if there is. Workfront is super picky about adding a sort orders in text mode. If you have multiple sort fields, make sure that you have them in the order you want, including the one that you add but will take away before going into text mode. Good luck! Sarah Nau Dominium

Level 10
Hi John, unfortunatly you cannot sort a grouping... Perhaps if you sort it on a column it should help. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 5
Thank you, Sarah! This is exactly what I needed, but wan not having any luck figuring out on my own. (The Reporting Forum is now officially my favorite forum.) Cathy Kenny Tire Rack