Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sorted Grouping

Level 10

Hi folks,

I was struggling for a while to figure out how to apply some sort of order (sort) for groupings. My objective was to be able to group a task report by Planned Completion Date, and then ensure that the grouping was displayed in a logical sequence when the report was run (e.g. the oldest Planned Completion Date in the first grouping).

Here is the text mode snippet I used; however, you ALSO HAVE TO have the Planned Completion Date field as a column in your view, and it needs to be sorted (first, and ascending).

group.0.groupdatesby=DY

group.0.displayname=Due

group.0.notime=false

group.0.valuefield=plannedCompletionDate

group.0.valueformat=atDateAsDayString

group.0.namekey=plannedCompletionDate

group.0.linkedname=direct

Hope this helps others who have run into the same issue.

Cheers.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the text mode snippet I used; however, you ALSO HAVE TO have the Planned Completion Date field as a column in your view, and it needs to be sorted (first, and ascending).

group.0.groupdatesby=DY

group.0.displayname=Due

group.0.notime=false

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

group.0.groupdatesby=DY

group.0.displayname=Due

group.0.notime=false

Employee

@Nick Valeriote‚ - This is so helpful! In case you hadn't seen it, we have a Virtual User Group coming up on the topic of Advanced Reporting on June 16. We're asking everyone who attends to bring a sample report or text mode solution. If your schedule allows, I'd love for you to attend and share! You can see the event details and registration info on the Events page here in Workfront One.