Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Show Reports Using Specified Fields (custom or not)

Level 5

I have a view that shows me in which forms a field is used. Is there a way - report or view - to show where a field has been used in a Report? Would prefer both a general answer (regardless of field type) and for my current need (custom field).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Following... this would be super helpful any time we update forms and want to update any reports with the affected fields on them.

I'd even like to be able to see where those fields are used as filters.

Level 10

Hi Tammie and Heather,

For such cleanup / impact analysis, I invite you to use our Report of Report Details solution, which automatically documents your Workfront report configuration into an Excel spreadsheet that you can easily filter to assess the impact of renaming parameters and plan accordingly.

As per this screenshot, for each parameter (row) and filtered-selected report (column), each cross reference cell then shows WHERE a parameter is user (“generally”), and HOW a parameter is used on the report in either the Filter, View, Group By, or Sort (“specifically”).

Regards,

Doug

Level 8

I use this report, then export to Excel to find the field I'm looking for.

I also add a Type prompt to my report to narrow down if I'm looking for a TASK or PROJ report, and a Last Viewed Date prompt if I only want to see reports viewed in the last x months.