Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Show me your proof reports!

Level 8

I'm super interested in seeing any kind of document approval reports people have created to manage their proofs! Here is a screenshot of the report we're currently using, but it's in need of some upgrades!

0694X00000Ar5BDQAZ.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 8

Hi Samantha,

I posted a question the other day in community to see if there is a way to pull the stage end time into a report like this to know when the route period has ended and the stage has locked. Have you happened to figure out a way to do that?

Thanks,

Kiersten

Level 2

Hi Samantha,

Here is one that we have setup for use, very similar to yours really. what else are you thinking that it needs ?0694X00000Ar5hsQAB.png

Level 8

It depends on your use case - we typically have 10-15 people reviewing each proof so for us we had to know whose decisions were pending. Designers and proof managers were spending hours opening each proof and looking for a status on the proof.

We have a monthly magazine and the project manager spends an hour each morning checking it's status and noting it in a spreadsheet. Then we spend a half an hour reviewing everything.

If I can get this report perfected it will save over 15 collective hours per week. I wish I could see the deadline for each stage (since we usually have about 5) and mark the pending approvers with red text if they're past the deadline. Similar to what you would see in the proof details.

Level 2

I am looking to add an "Open Proof" button shortly

Level 8

How soon will this be available? It would be extremely helpful.

Level 3

Were you able to create the "Open Proof" button? If so, would you mind sharing the code?

Level 10

This is nice Samantha. Any chance you could list the fields used in each column?

Level 8

How do you add the thumbnail and status column (and what kind of report is this)?

Level 8

Thumbnail:

displayname=Thumbnail

linkedname=document

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=document

namekeyargkey.1=documentthumbnail

textmode=true

tile.name=component.documentthumbnail

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=document:documentthumbnail

Status columns:

displayname=Pending Approvers

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(proofApprovals).lists

styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false

styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=documentID

styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=documentID

styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=notblank

styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string

styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=fontstyle

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=bold

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.name=textcolor

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.value=d30519

styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({approverDecision}="pending"||{approverDecision}="Pending",CONCAT("•",{approver}.{name}))

valueformat=HTML

The pending approvers, approvers, etc. all come from the 'status' column.

Level 3

Hi Samantha- I am trying to add in the thumbnail and status icons to my proof reporting using the text html above, but it's showing up blank. Any ideas what could need adjusting? Thank you! I am new to workfront and appreciate the support.

Level 8

Hi Amanda! Are both columns showing up blank or just one? And are you using a document version report?

Level 3

Samantha, thank you for sharing this! I'm having problems finding or inserting the status icons as well, and I'm using a document version report. would you mind helping me out?