Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing permissions on objects

Level 3

I need to adjust the settings of the "Budget" field in our custom form.

The goal is to allow only cost managers (numerous among Workfront users) to have editing privileges while preventing project managers from making changes. How can we go about implementing this?

Many thanks for considering my request! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AAdi_S1 - Just to clarify, the budget field is not the native one in the system, but a custom form field created in your instance, correct? If so, the way to limit the permissions would be to use a section on the custom form and experiment with the settings to only allow for the Budget Managers to edit. Here is more information on that topic: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/custom-fo...

Hope that helps!

Level 3

Hey @VictoriaLinn Yes I have a lot of different fields in my custom form - each field has different editing or view rights. 

I am aware of the Section break method, right now how do I make a group of Budget Managers or as we say, Cost Managers? What if they are not admin users? 

Community Advisor

My apologies on the delayed response, didn't see this until now! Might be too late, but more information below:

The section breaks can be defined based on a user's access to the object where the custom form is attached. If the Cost Managers and Project Managers have the same access to the project, unfortunately, this won't work...

If a Cost Manager has Manage access to the project that the custom form is attached to, then you can set the Edit permissions on the section break to "Edit" and then only users with Manage access to the project can make field changes in that section. Users who have View or Contribute access to the project where the custom form is attached can't make changes then.

I usually think of it this way, and the below is the permissions on the project (or any object) that the custom form is attached to:

Limited Edit = Contribute access to the project

Edit = Manage access to the project

Admin Only = System Admin

Level 3

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Will explore a little more on what you just mentioned above!