Expand my Community achievements bar.

Scoring system to prioritize projects

Level 3
Hi Carolyn, you may find this Community topic thread helpful: "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b52a816d-88c1-4cb0-9c75-2dd0284b1201&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bmb52a816d-88c1-4cb0-9c75-2dd0284b1201">Projects by priority Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services
6 Replies

Level 7
Hi Carolyn, you may find this Community topic thread helpful: "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b52a816d-88c1-4cb0-9c75-2dd0284b1201&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bmb52a816d-88c1-4cb0-9c75-2dd0284b1201">Projects by priority Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 4
Carolyn, I set up a system where I designated projects as Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3. I created a custom form with Tier 1, 2, 3 and attached to request/project. The requestor or PM selects which tier it is. Leslie Tanner CreativeDrive

Level 4
Hi Carolyn, We use Priorities as a way to sort work for our users. When the production team is assigning work and converting requests to projects they assign a prioritiy of RUSH - 1, 1, 2, 3, 4. We don't have definitions for each priority, it is our Produciton Manager's job to assign the appropriate priority based on the knowledge of the Marketing Plan as well as current and future work. We then created a User Dashboard that has a report that groups the tasks that are ready to start by their priority then their due date. We suggest to our users that the report is meant as a guide to help them manage and understand the work assigned and not as an absolute for how the work should be completed. If there are conflicting priorities then we suggest to go by due date and knowledge of the work and how long it will take to complete. I hope this helps. Thanks, Jessie Dantin Mercy Health

Level 3
Yes, this is very helpful! Thank you! Carolyn Finney Independence Blue Cross

Level 3
Thank you! This is gret information. In our previous system we used Tiers, and then somehow when we transitioned to Workfront, we stopped tiering jobs. I wasn't working in the area at the time (I was on the client end). Carolyn Finney Independence Blue Cross

Level 3
Hi Leslie! Thanks for your answer! We used to employ a tiering process with our previous system (I was on the client side at that time). When Workfront was implemented somehow that tiering process faded out. We had some staffing changes at the same time, so i think that may have played a part in it as well. It's worth discussing with leadership. Thanks again, Carolyn Carolyn Finney Independence Blue Cross