Expand my Community achievements bar.

Review & Approval - ProofHQ Help

Level 4
While Review & Approval with PrrofHQ is a huge value Workfront provides, none of my teams have ever had a use case for it. Until now. I am not very knowledgeable in this area. I have reviewed the Ascent training. I have learned how to create automated workflow templates, etc. This is what I need help with and am hoping you experts have already solutioned for this. I have a very high profile team internally who is looking to marry the request queue functionality with Review & Approval workflow templates for documentation. The idea is a requester will submit a request (I'm guessing I'll set up Topic Groups and Queue Topics), then based on the Topic (i.e. Contract, Business Case, Statement of Work) and the Queue Topic (line of business/alliance), then that would need to set in motion a document workflow template. For a little more context here is an actual example. Requester submits a request and selects "Business Case/' and "EWS Technology", then uploads their document. The team would like that to then trigger the correct workflow template without any manual intervention from them to process that document through the review & approval workflow. Is something like this possible? If not, then can anyone share recommendations or best practices? Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693
1 Reply

Level 3
That functionality currently does not exist within Workfront's review and approval capabilities. Right now, workflow templates have to be assigned manually. A document does need to have a proof generated in order to have a proofing workflow assigned. A quick test I just ran shows that uploading a document through a request does not generate the proof. Someone still has to click the "generate proof" link in the Documents tab of the request. In thinking about the customers I've worked with, none have needed to kick off the review process when a request is made. Generally the request is what triggers the creation of a document (whatever it may be), and then the review is handled as part of the project that guides the document creation. There's generally a task or stage where the document is uploaded and reviewers are assigned. I'd suggest logging a request on the Idea Exchange and then encouraging the community here to vote it up. My other suggestion would be to talk with your Workfront reps about purchasing some remote consulting time. Packages start at 4 hours (I'm not sure of the current pricing, so don't want to quote a number and steer you wrong). With this, you'll be able to talk with one of our consultants, who have helped hundreds of customers create their proofing workflows. They can listen to your needs and then make suggestions about ways you could handle proofing workflows. Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com