Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resource Management - reports availabl

Level 3
Hi All, I wanted to know if you all are using the resource management functionality in Workfront. If yes, what are the system delivered reports that are useful? It will also be good to see what other reports (screen shots) that are being used as best practices. We want to try resource management in Workfront and are still researching the reporting available around resource management. Thank you all in advance. Best, Supriya Supriya Pandey PMP New York University
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Supriya, My understanding is that the new Resource Management tools are fairly self-contained and are designed to provide the info via the main UI, as opposed to separate reports to be run. We don't really use the new resource management tools yet due to the performance issues but hope to start doing this when some performance improvements are delivered in 18.2. Other than that, you can take a look at the Legacy Resource planner, though this is being removed in 18.3 so may not be worth spending time on. Other reports you can run would be Task Reports, Assignment Reports, Hour Reports and presenting the results as Matrix or Charts. These can provide some fairly simple answers but if you are wanting to compare availability vs planned etc you won't be able to do that in a single report, because Availability data is limited to the resource planner tools. We do the majority of our resource reporting outside of Workfront using Power BI. This lets us bring together data from a variety of Workfront objects (projects, tasks, assignments, hours etc) and do our own filtering/grouping/calculations. I'm hoping that as the new Workfront Resource Tools are enhanced and we start using them properly, that we can move our simpler reporting needs back into Workfront. Regards, David Cornwell