Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Requests shifting to Canceled when projects are completed.

Level 2

I'm having a strange problem where the status of my request is shifting to canceled when the associated project status changes to complete. I'm assuming the request would normally shift to complete as well; however, I did not set this request form up, so I'm at a loss on why this is happening or how to correct the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, you may have that canceled issue status equating with complete in your instance Setup, I'd check that. Check your project/issue statuses. 
I think these two articles can also help you dive deeper:
Overview of Resolving and Resolvable Objects
Configure system-wide task and issue preferences

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, you may have that canceled issue status equating with complete in your instance Setup, I'd check that. Check your project/issue statuses. 
I think these two articles can also help you dive deeper:
Overview of Resolving and Resolvable Objects
Configure system-wide task and issue preferences

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

It could also have to do with the Key for those statuses. When you look at the list of statuses in Setup, if the Key for your Project status Complete is the same as the Key for your Issue status of Canceled, that would cause the resolved issue to change to Canceled when the Project is changed to Complete

I believe the Project status of Complete is a default and has the Key CPL, check to see if your Issue Status of Canceled has that same Key.