Expand my Community achievements bar.

Requests "Save for later"

Level 2
Hello, Is there a "save for later" function for requests? We have requesters that would like to start a brief but come back to it later to finish as they finalize the details before submitting. Thank you, Ariana Nicoli
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Ariana, Sadly not - although there is an idea on the idea exchange for that "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115005699947-Save-a-Request-prior-to-Submit">here . The way we've tried to get around this is to add guidance text in the description field of the project to point this out to requestors: Jamie Jamie Hill JLL

Level 10
Here’s what we did. We created a drop down on the brief with choices “this brief is not complete” “this brief is final”. As long as I have the due date and some semblance of what type of project I can create it from an incomplete brief, and then the requester can go back at their leisure to complete it, and change the drop down to final. Sent from my iPhone

Community Advisor
We've worked around this by creating an Issue Approval that includes 2 approval paths. The first path routes the request back to the "Primary Contact" for approval when they click submit (in order to click submit they do have to fill SOMETHING in any required fields, but just TBD will work). This bounces it back to the requester and they have access to edit the request. Once their request is complete, we have a Ready to Start status that they are required to change the request status to, this status starts the second approval path which routes it our team to review and begin work on. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.