Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Request Queue with Version Control

Level 6

Hi all, I'm trying to find information on how to create versioning via a request queue. e.g. Set up a template to capture information and save as a document or similar. Allow amends to the document which can be saved as a new version with possible approval steps etc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it! That makes a lot of sense now. It sounds like you're on the right path, but in regard to attaching the approval for the issue to the request queue, make sure to add the approval to the queue topic on the request queue project so it gets applied when new requests are submitted (you might be have already done this, but if not, wanted to mention!)

VictoriaLinn_0-1697726255370.png

Also, in regards to the versioning, Workfront doesn't really support that type of process with requests but the audit trail is definitely possible. But, in order to make sure that is setup accordingly, make sure to turn tracking on for the custom form fields so you see the changes there in System Updates.

VictoriaLinn_1-1697726389042.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MattWindsor - Would you be able to clarify this ask a little more? I'm not sure which objects you're looking to version - requests, documents, a combination?

Level 6

Hi Victoria,

I'm looking for a way of working that allows a work request to come in via a queue, with some sort of review / approval. When approval declined, the request can be amended and either a version 2 created (so that V1 can still be referenced) or at least an audit trail of changes is maintained.

Once approved, this get converted to a project using a template.

I've made progress on creating the queue, finding the approval area and I know how to convert to project via the template. I'm still working on the Approval path/stage needed to make this work with the version control/audit trail.

I've just started working in settings to make the approval process but can't see the process when I'm in the issue approval section. It may be shared with the wrong group at the moment.

MattWindsor_0-1697707052125.png

I've managed to find these pages as a reference now.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/approvals...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/work-approvals/assoc...

Am I on the right track, or is there a better way?

Thanks for you help

Matt

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it! That makes a lot of sense now. It sounds like you're on the right path, but in regard to attaching the approval for the issue to the request queue, make sure to add the approval to the queue topic on the request queue project so it gets applied when new requests are submitted (you might be have already done this, but if not, wanted to mention!)

VictoriaLinn_0-1697726255370.png

Also, in regards to the versioning, Workfront doesn't really support that type of process with requests but the audit trail is definitely possible. But, in order to make sure that is setup accordingly, make sure to turn tracking on for the custom form fields so you see the changes there in System Updates.

VictoriaLinn_1-1697726389042.png

Level 6

Thanks so much, this is really useful and much appreciated. I'm fairly happy with progressing this now.

have a great rest of the day!

Matt