Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Reporting Question: Task URL field into a Project Report?

Level 4

We are working on our integration with Adobe Assets; in the meantime, we publish assets through a manual process of assigning a publishing task and then the content publishers input the eDAM link into the Task URL field once it is completed. We do this on the task level URL, because a project might have multiple publishing tasks for various deliverables. I would like to get these URLs onto an existing project report for reference and to make it easy to find those links.

Using text mode based on the suggestions from this great community, I've been able to create a Current Task column and a Tasks Pending Approval column within my Project report, so I know I'm able to pull task related data into a Project Report.

What I'm looking for: if a Task URL field is not blank, put that Task URL result into a column in the Project report.

Hoping someone can help me with this!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Heather,

To show all of the Task URLs in a Project Report, you can and a column with this textmode:

valueexpression=CONCAT({URL})

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Task Links

textmode=true

type=iterate

@NRYN R - inactive‚ if you’d like to add this to your Text + Collections examples, you’re welcome to do so (which, btw Heather, is where I started this investigation, using the “Documents” example).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Heather,

To show all of the Task URLs in a Project Report, you can and a column with this textmode:

valueexpression=CONCAT({URL})

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Task Links

textmode=true

type=iterate

@NRYN R - inactive‚ if you’d like to add this to your Text + Collections examples, you’re welcome to do so (which, btw Heather, is where I started this investigation, using the “Documents” example).

Regards,

Doug

Thank you, Doug! This is exactly what I was looking for. The perfect part is that even with more than one URL, it is populating within the report. Perfect!

Level 10

Hey @Doug Den Hoed‚ and @Heather Lambert‚,

I've added this example to the WFPro Text Mode Examples under the "Views + Collections" section for future reference.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 10

Excellent -- happy to help, Heather.

As an aside, my first few tests were more complicated in that I was trying to also CONCAT the Task Number and Task Name, but I was unable to get that working (partly because I was struggling to do so on my iPhone), but when I realized that URL (vs url...case matters) worked as cleanly as it did, decided to stick with the latter...particularly since the iteration cannot be sorted, anyway.

Regards,

Doug