Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting on Issues that are in a Project Pending Approval

Community Advisor

I need some help pulling issues into an Issue report when the project they are in is Pending Approval. I've tried all the available filters... no luck. I submitted a ticket (because I couldn't figure out why one issue wasn't pulling into my report - we just recently started using a project approval for some things) and they tell me that you can't pull in an issue while the project is pending approval. So I'm hoping someone here has found a text mode way to do that. This is what I currently have for filters, I just switched my standard filters over to text mode to copy this: DE:Campaign_Mod=notblank OR:1:entryDate=2019-09-01T08:45:00:000 OR:1:entryDate_Mod=gt OR:1:enteredBy:homeGroupID=5b1980aa004614b6ee409871776180f1 5cf55ee4005fff07a6ff9b159081b1ee OR:1:enteredBy:homeGroupID_Mod=in The issues that I need to pull in would not be entered by anyone belonging to the home groups here. These issues would only apply to the "DE:Campaign_Mod=notblank" filter. I'm guessing I need another set of OR statements, something along: OR:2:DE:Campaign_Mod=notblank OR:2: this is where I need help: how do I say in text mode, the project the issue sits in has an active approval I tried this, no luck here either: OR:2:DE:Campaign_Mod=notblank OR:2:project:approvalProcess:isActive=true OR:2:project:approvalProcess:isActive_Mod=eq Heather Kulbacki Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

6 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Heather, I suggest you try filtering for Issues whose Project Status contains ":A", which is the suffix Workfront appends in such cases (eg PLN:A, CUR:A, etc). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Community Advisor
Hi Doug, That looked like a sure fire win, but I tried both of these, still no luck OR:2:DE:Campaign_Mod=notblank OR:2:project:status=RTS:A OR:2:project:status_Mod=in When I switch back to standard filters from text mode. The above even translates correctly with Project >> Status, Equal, Ready to Start - Pending Approval

Community Advisor
Hmm...curious, Heather. In that case, I'd suggest you confirm the "can't pull" theory by creating an Issue report that attempts to retrieve (by ID) an Issue that is on a Project that is Pending Approval. Now rows = no joy, but would explain it, and serve as Exhibit B of your impending Help Ticket. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Community Advisor
It gets curiouser, Doug As you suggested, I created an issue report that filters by only this particular issue's ID - it pulls into that report. So then I swapped that filter out for Project >> Status, Equal, Ready to Start - Pending Approval and this particular issue again pulls in So thennnn I added the Issue >> Campaign is not blank filter and again this particular issues pulls in Seems odd that it will pull into one issue report, but not another. Sounds like ticket time!

Community Advisor
I solved it! Couldn't have done it without you Doug! Once I had the right filter, the issue still wasn't pulling into the original report because that report was being run with the access rights of a particular person (not an admin) and she didn't have access to the project this issue was sitting in. Normally she'd get inherited access when the project was added to a portfolio, but that hadn't happened yet and it's likely that could be the case with other projects of this type moving forward when the report is needed. So I gave her access to this project and gave her whole group access to future projects from the Template! Lesson learned: open and double check every little piece in the report editing area!

Community Advisor
Attagirl Heather! Way to stick with it. An excellent reminder, I've learned, to assume that It's Usually Me. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore