Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report to show project count

Level 3
This is probably a simple report, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to do it. I want to create a report showing the number of Projects assigned to certain users, so far it keep counting the tasks allocated in the project.. and I just want to see the number of project they are working on. So I can show this s a graph. I have tried using project, task, assignment and users reports - but there is no measure to "count" the number of projects Many thanks Glenn Glenn Joyce Boden
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
If you group it by project name, then in Summary tab you will be able to see a count. And you can set up the report to open in Summary tab by default instead of Details tab. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 8
I tried this on an Assignment Report: Add Project Reference Number as a column, and summarize column by count. Go to text mode for that column, and add a D in front of CNT. aggregator.displayformat=int aggregator.function= DCNT aggregator.namekey=view.relatedcolumn aggregator.valuefield=project:referenceNumber aggregator.valueformat=intAsInt displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=referenceNumber querysort=project:referenceNumber textmode=true valuefield=project:referenceNumber valueformat=int On the Grouping tab, group by Assigned to Name and Project Name (project name is so you can validate the data in the details screen) On the Chart tab, you can pick Project Reference Number (Count) as the Bottom Axis, and assigned to name as the Y. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 2

There seems to be an issue with how the Chart reads data vs the reports. The Chart is still counting the task number even though I prompted it to count the Project Reference number using the DNT code. The task number is 101 on the Chart but 100 on the Report. The "Project Count" is 31 (that's the Project Reference Number column renamed). Nick "E.T."0690z000007ZiAHAA0.jpg

Level 2
I don't know if this makes a difference but for whatever reason, the coding seems to resort itself. I am using the prompt function on this report to filter by Assigned To: This is what it looks like when I go to edit the column: aggregator.displayformat=int aggregator.function=DCNT aggregator.namekey=view.relatedcolumn aggregator.namekeyargkey.0=project aggregator.namekeyargkey.1=referenceNumber aggregator.valuefield=project: referenceNumber aggregator.valueformat=intAsInt displayname=Project Count linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey .0=project namekeyargkey .1=referenceNumber querysort=project: referenceNumber textmode=true valuefield=project: referenceNumber valueformat=int This is how it's arranged after I save it (without making any changes) valuefield=project:referenceNumber valueformat=int linkedname=project aggregator.displayformat=int aggregator.namekeyargkey.0=project aggregator.namekeyargkey.1=referenceNumber aggregator.namekey=view.relatedcolumn aggregator.function=DCNT aggregator.valueformat=intAsInt aggregator.valuefield=project:referenceNumber namekey=view.relatedcolumn displayname=Project Count textmode=true namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=referenceNumber querysort=project:referenceNumber Nick "E.T."