Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report the Actual Start and Actual Completion Days

Level 3
Hello Workfront Community, I'm trying to capture how many days an Issue or Task is Actually taking. When creating a report I use the Age value and it displays the entire age from the Entry Date of the Issue or Task to Actual Completion Date. Does anyone know of a way or formula that can be used to calculate the days from the Actual Start Date to the Actual Completion Date in days? Thanks for your assistance Cliff De Jong @ IEHP
6 Replies

Level 10
Ah, you're in luck. I just posted something similar. Use the DATEDIFF calc. DATEDIFF(date1, date2) Or WEEKDAYDIFF - WEEKDAYDIFF(date1, date2) Returns the number of weekdays between two dates

Level 3
Vic, Thanks for the formula, how would I apply it to a report? Cliff De Jong @ IEHP

Level 10
On the report create new column and switch it to Text Mode. And copy below: displayname= ENTER NAME FOR A COLUMN HERE textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({actualStartDate},{actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=customNumberAsString Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 3
It is not working for me. Does this formula need to be used on a specific object type report? Cliff De Jong @ IEHP

Level 7
Hey Cliff, You'll need to use that in a blank column on a task or issue report. It should look like this: I used the exact same code as was pasted above. One thing you can consider once you get it working, is to add the word Days so it looks like this instead: Here's the expression I used: valueexpression=CONCAT(WEEKDAYDIFF({actualStartDate},{actualCompletionDate})," days") Hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
I got it to work, Thanks to all for helping me out. Cliff De Jong @ IEHP