Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report Planned vs Actual Hours at project level

Level 3
I need to know how to create a report for Planned vs Actual hours for just project managers.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi: What do you need? Do you need a project comparison or a task comparison? Do you want it just for the projects owned by the project manager running the report? Send some requirements, I’m sure we can help. Thanks, Eric

Level 3
Thanks Eric. We are using Time tracking using timesheet for the project managers where we wants project managers to log in hours at the project level. Now we want to see if we can compare it with the planned allocation with actual hours.

Level 9
I'm looking to create a report for similar purposes. But I can only seem to add in planned hours for a project's entire life, not for a specific time period (i.e. how many planned hours were in the schedule for last week). We'd like to use this to continually review accuracy of our planning. It helps to do it on a weekly basis vs. waiting until the end of the project because it's fresh in the PM's mind. They can then learn from the differences and update how they adjust planned hours in the future. Thanks!

Level 10
{{Michael}} If you use the User Utilization screen or report, it will show you the planned labor by person by week. We review that weekly and it tells us a number of things - What are we planning on people doing? Are people working on the things we’ve planned? How much unplanned work are people doing? Is that something you’d be interested in? Eric

Level 10
Hi Michael. Our Capacity Charting lets you compare Capacity, Planned, and Actuals all on one chart; is that similar to what you're imagining, to improve planning, over time? Regards, Doug