Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Report Help: Sum of Issue Hours and Resolving Project Hours

Level 4
I need help creating a report. I want a report that shows total amount of time entered for each requesters' projects. This would be a bar graph with all of our requesters (person A, person B, person C, etc.) on the X-axis and the Sum amount of time our teams have logged for all of their requests and projects in the Y-axis. The problem: our teams log time in the original issue that the requester submits AND the resolving project that is created by converting the issue. I can create this report for total Issue time per requester OR I can create a report for total Project time per requester, but I can't create a sum of both in a single report. I created an Issue report with the fields Actual Hours and Resolve Project: Actual Hours with a grouping of Entered By: Name. I want to combine the two actual hours and graph it. Any help/advice? Denver Lemont Cardinal Health
2 Replies

Level 10
Tricky one, Denver. Since only data persisted within the Workfront database can be charted, and since Hours themselves do not support custom data, I have an idea (untested) that might either Just Work, or lead to a solution: Create a calculated text Custom Parameter called "Reporting Source" Add the Reporting Source parameter to all Project and Issue custom form(s) of interest (i.e. those under which time is entered) Set the Reporting Source's formula on the Project form(s) to "Name" (i.e. the Project's name itself) Set the Reporting Source's formula on the Issue form(s) to "IF(ISBLANK(Resolve Project ID),Project.Name,Resolve Project.Name)" (i.e. the Resolving Project's name, if present; otherwise the Issue's initial Project's name...albeit perhaps temporary until the Issue is converted to a Project, effectively "switching" the time to the latter at that point) TIP: it might be more efficient to create a one-parm-only Parameter strictly for this purpose, and add it globally to all Templates, Projects, and Issues (and Tasks -- same concept, slightly different formula: "Project.Name", i.e. the Task's Project's Name) Create an Hour report that Groups by the Project's Reporting Source, then by the Task's Reporting Source (if used), then by the Issue's Reporting Source My logic is that -- imagining all three being "Project A" across each object -- that the SUM of the Hours (which you'd set on the View) would then roll up the right sub totals at each level Since each Reporting Source is technically on a different object type, the Chart might consider them as different series, so it might take some finagling (e.g. group by Project Reporting Source, stack by Issue Reporting Source) to get the desired visual If the latter's not possible out of the box, I'd then punt, and invite you to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/magic-reports/">Magic Reports solution, which I'm sure we could tailor to exactly what you need Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 4
Thanks Doug for this advice! This is an interesting approach. I was able to get that approach to show us total time per project (including issue time and the resolvable project). Unfortunately, I'm looking for total time per requester (user submitting issues). In the hour report I cannot find a way to create a grouping or column on Issue: entered by: name. I'll use the Issue the report I have that has two columns (1 for issue time, 1 for resolve project time) and manually create the report through an excel export. Let me know if you or anyone else has any other ideas! Thanks! Denver Lemont Cardinal Health