Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report: Deactivation Date

Level 10
Hello ~ Anyone here know how to generate a report showing when users were deactivated? I'm not referring to schedule deactivation, but those ad hoc ones. I can't seem to locate an object field that shows dates of deactivation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ~ Susan Susan
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Susan, I'd suggest you try Setup > System > Audit Logs > Action Type = Deleted > Date Range = "of interest" > Apply. If that's not quite what you're after, the Oldie But A Goody alternative is to: create a User report show Last Update Date, Last Update Name, and User Name in the view, sorted in that order filtered by Is Active = False group by Last Update Date (by Month) save the report as "Recently Deactivated" and run it The concept (ok, cheat) here is that typically, when a user is deactivated, no further updates are made to that user, so the Last Update Date matches (normally) the date of their deactivation. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

I went to follow this post and found that there has been a change since it was made.  There is now an option to 'filter' for only the Deactivate occurrences.  Thanks, Doug, for pointing me in this direction ... !

VegasJoe_0-1665441502573.png

Level 3

Unfortunately this is only for recently deactivated people.  I results in only 4 entries.  So this isn't a great work around unfortunately.

Does anyone know if there is an API call or journal entry report we can use to get this?  It is crazy that this basic information isn't in Workfront.

Community Advisor

@DeniseCo1  Journal entry report. Depending how long your instance has been around and how many users might pull into this report, you might want to filter by entry date (entry date of the user being flipped to inactive), or put a User Name prompt on the front if you're looking for specific users.

Keep in mind... this will only show the date they were deactivated, if someone was deactivated then re-activated, it would not show their re-activation or the date that happened - it just pulls each journal entry where a user was deactivated. So also if someone was deactivated multiple times, they would show multiple times in the report.

Deactivated User View.jpgDeactivated User Grouping.jpgDeactivated User Filters.jpg

Level 10
Hi, Doug. Thank you for the response! I'll give it a try. ~ Susan Susan