Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report Aggregate Currency mismatch

Level 2

We run projects in Workfront using different currencies.  We have a financial report which reports on things like budget and actual revenues etc.  We have our projects grouped by contract for reporting purposes.  When we run the report, the individual line entries for one column, the actual revenue, are in the project currency.  However, when we select summarize this column by SUM, the totals for the groupings are in USD.  Is there something we can do to make it use the contract currency.  In the settings, the default currency is set to Project's Original Currency.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @JJF72,

I too have observed that non-USD project reports show the summarized currency values at the group levels in USD only (where USD is the global default currency for the instance); an apples to oranges comparison, but I believe As Designed.

I had considered creating calculated parameters at the project level, with one for each such currency amount (hours cost, expense cost, etc) per currency of interest, multiplying by the appropriate exchange rate, and then grouping by the currency of interest when viewing projects (only) of that same currency, as a workaround. However, I decided against it, since the creation and maintenance of those extra parameters would be too onerous.

Instead, we are (now, by coincidence) extending our upcoming AFA Burn Reports solution to incorporate this requirement in real time, using the latest exchange rates, at both the subtotal level (meeting this requirement) and potentially even at the detail level, allowing users to combine multiple projects of any “source” currency into a single target currency.

These is dangerous but compelling new territory for us, so if you’re interested in a postcard from our travels (or would like to join our tour group), I invite you to drop me a line here or via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

I should just add that all of the grouped items are in the same currency.