Expand my Community achievements bar.

Removing Count Number from Grouping

Level 10

Curious if anyone has figured out anything in textmode where you can remove the number count from a grouping. I now have several groups asking for it, but can't figure it out on my onw.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Anthony,

Of course I'd be intrigued to hear what everyone else says, but I asked some smart people and they said most likely not... the reason being that the same logic that calculates that number is the same as that which determines the numbers shown on the summary and charts for reports. Additionally, the text mode really only affects what’s being shown as the value of the column/grouping. The aggregate itself is something native to the grouping UX on the details page and there isn’t any customization around that, text mode or otherwise.

Very curious to hear what other people might find though!

Kyna

Level 10

Thanks, Kyna. I thought so, but I promised my user that I'd post it to see. Apparently the client doesn't like it at all so they are manually exporting it to Excel now and removing that info from each grouping.

I'll work with our data warehouse team and see if there is something they can do in SQL Reporting Services to help them out. I don't want them manually doing things in Excel again.

Level 10

Even in cases where I've used text mode to drive the grouping text, the count in parenthesis still remains.

Level 4

It would be great if that were a toggle-able option in any views/reporting setups.