Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Reassign Projects and Tasks en masse after Employee Leaves

Level 1
We are still new to Workfront, and I assume this is easy but my question is: We had an employee leave, and someone take her place. I've already deactivated (not delete) the prior employee and want to reassign all templates, projects, and tasks to him. How can I do that? Thanks, Julius Kerschinske World Acceptance Corporation (WRLD)
2 Replies

Level 4
I usually create a replace employee dashboard. The dashboard contains prompted reports for Tasks Templates Projects Issues etc. Make sure these reports are set up to show a large number of lines on the dashboard and to show only objects that haven't been completed. Once all the reports are empty you're done. Note that if the employee is already deactivated their name won't appear in the ID/name type ahead. You'll have to either temporarily reactivate or grab the hexID from a deactivated report or the user's profile page URL. And use ID contains as the prompt. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 2
There is an easy way! At least for re-assignable Objects like Projects and Tasks. Like the previous comment said, go ahead and reactivate them first to a free restricted level license.

Go to the Search field in the upper right of the screen, and click the dropdown, then Advanced Search at the bottom of the list.

For Projects:
Select "Projects" in the column on the left. Select "Filter Your Results" Select "Project>>Owner ID" Type in the person's name who owns the original projects. Click Update Results. Select all of the projects en mass by clicking the checkbox at the top of the list to the left of "Name". Click the Edit button that appears just above that. The "Project Owner" field will appear about 7 fields down. Enter the new owner's name. Select Save Changes.
You can do the same for any Object that you can change the owner on.

This will not work for Reports or Dashboards, which is the problem I'm facing right now. You have to Copy them, and Sharing doesn't copy over, so it needs to be manually set on the new objects. Once you're all done, then you can deactivate them.

Hope this helps! Alexis McMullen -------------